Paediatric Physiotherapy in Singapore
Children are not mini-adults – treatments that may have worked on adults may not necessarily be effective on them. In fact, they may just backfire and harm the child.
At Rapid Physiocare, we understand how important it is to protect a child’s childhood years. Whether it is regaining motor control, managing pain, or rehabilitation after injury, early intervention is the best option. As such, we have included paediatric care in our comprehensive list of services to care for children with a wide variety of needs. Our team of specialist paediatric physiotherapists has years of experience working with children and their parents or carers in a variety of settings.
Areas That Paediatric Physiotherapy Can Improve
- Range Motion: how far a joint can bend or straighten
- Strength: strength in bones and muscles
- Balance: ability to maintain balance (tilting and righting responses) and to keep the child from falling (protective responses)
- Reflexes: automatic responses, particularly in infants (palmar grasp, positive support, labyrinthine and asymmetrical tonic neck reflex)
- Posture: alignment of the body in various positions
- Tone: natural resistance in a muscle
Conditions That Paediatric Physiotherapy Can Address
There are many familiar childhood disorders and diseases that present with movement dysfunction and motor skill issues, including Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Down Syndrome, Muscular Dystrophy, Cystic Fibrosis, and more. Fortunately, paediatric physiotherapy can alleviate some of their symptoms, particularly ones that inhibit motion.
Some of the conditions include the following:
Your child does not necessarily need to have any of the aforementioned conditions to be eligible for physiotherapy. There are different types of paediatric physical therapy available in Singapore, each catering to the needs of the child. Those who wish to improve their balance and motor skills can also engage with a trained physiotherapist and their services.
Get in touch with our trained physiotherapists for a consultation to discover how best to improve your child’s overall wellbeing.